Aluminum High Pressure Die Casting Costing Tool
The Aluminum high-pressure die-casting manufacturing process involves the production of Aluminum parts using a technique called high-pressure die casting (HPDC). It is commonly used to manufacture custom parts from different industries like automotive, aerospace, and consumer electronics. Aluminum high-pressure die casting (HPDC) costing analysis and cost optimization tools offer valuable solutions for manufacturers aiming to enhance their efficiency and reduce costs. By utilizing these tools, companies can make informed decisions, optimize their processes, and allocate resources effectively. This not only leads to cost savings but also improves competitiveness in the dynamic manufacturing industry. Embracing HPDC costing tools is a wise step toward achieving sustainable growth and profitability in the Aluminum high-pressure die-casting sector.
A) General Part Information
- Part Number which is usually mentioned on the drawing. (Alphanumeric values are accepted).
- Like Part Name, Aluminum Casting, Die-cast Part, etc. (Alphanumeric values are accepted).
B) Volume Impact
The Number of Pieces:-
- Number of Pieces that are Required in a Year. (Limit set for the tool : 1-10000000 Nos).
The Number of Parts:-
- Number of Parts to be Processed in a Single Setup. (Limit set for the tool : Less than or equal to Annual volume).
C) Material Type
Select the material:-
- Select the material used to manufacture Part from the dropdown list.
D) Part Size
Part Length(mm) - L:-
- One of the largest two dimensions. (Limit set for the tool : 25mm - 950mm).
- One of the largest two dimensions (Limit set for the tool : 25mm - 950mm).
Part Depth (mm) - D:-
- Smallest dimension (Limit set for the tool : 1mm - 400mm).
Part Net Weight (kg):-
- Final Weight of the part as given on the drawing (Limit set for the tool : 0 – 35 KG).
E)Special Part Parameters
- Ease of manufacturing. Primarily determined by the number of features, like holes, slots, pockets, pins, ribs, bosses, etc. This can also be approximated by using the number of dimensions called out on the part drawing. Simple < 25 features, simple parting line, no side cores Intermediate 26-100 features Complex parts have many features.
Max Wall Thickness (mm):-
- The thickest point on the part. Default is 2mm. (Limit set for the tool : 1mm-20mm).
Estimated Part Projected Area (%) - PPA:-
- PPA - If you make a rectangle from the length and width of the part envelope, roughly what % is taken up by the part? As PPA increases required machine tonnage increases proportionally.
F) Process Parameters
# of Cavity Per Tool:-
- # of parts made in one shot.
Trimming (Remove runners/flash/sprue):-
- Select Trimming Process Option.
Shot Blasting (Yes/No):-
- Process to remove any scale/burrs and provide the minimal surface finish. This is applied to parts 90+% of the time. Defaults to Yes.
- The process of removing any scale/burrs and providing minimal surface finish. This is applied to parts 90+% of the time. Defaults to Yes.
G) Generic Secondary Processing